Teeth Whitening in Chembur at Cosmecare Dentistry
Who would not want a beautiful dazzling smile with sparkling white teeth? Well, one of the latest and the most common procedures in Cosmetic Dentistry known as tooth whitening (Teeth Whitening in Chembur) can help you achieve that! Continuing with my smile designing series, I would be explaining, in brief, all you would want to know about cosmetic teeth whitening.
What is Teeth Whitening?
According to the FDA, teeth Whitening is permitted to be used only when teeth can be whitened beyond its natural color. Majority of us start with decently white teeth.
The tooth crown structure, as you know, consists of the outermost white layer known as enamel, the middle yellowish layer known as dentin and the innermost core known as the pulp (nerve) of the tooth.
Over a period of years, the enamel starts wearing out, there are micro cracks developing due to biting and chewing forces and food debris and stains get lodged between them.
Also, the yellow dentin below the now thin enamel gives the tooth an overall yellowish hue. Cosmetic Teeth Whitening will help out removing the stains from the micro cracks in enamel, which later get mineralized due to saliva.
Here is a case of Teeth Whitening in Chembur – Cosmecare Dentistry
Why Teeth Brightenting?
To remove extrinsic stains present on the teeth as a result of exposure to food, dark-colored beverages, tobacco, smoking and normal wear and tear of teeth.
Although difficult to remove Whitening may be successful in cases of intrinsic stains caused due to trauma, tetracycline ingestion during tooth formation stage and high concentration of fluoride intake.
Where we shouldn’t go Whitening?
- Pregnant and nursing mothers.
- Hypersensitive teeth, receding gums and defective fillings need a complete evaluation prior to bleach.
- People who are sensitive to hydrogen peroxide gel.
- Children under 16 years of age are not indicated for Whitening.
Evaluation before going for a Whitening Procedure?
The dentist needs to evaluate the teeth completely before Whitening and take a complete medical history to avoid any allergies and sensitivities along with the routine X-rays.
The Best Teeth Whitening Results by Cosmecare Dentistry – Dental Clinic in Chembur
Make your dream smile a reality with Cosmecare Dentistry!
Types of Teeth Whitening?
This is one of the most convenient and the fastest way to bleach your teeth at the dentist’s office. It gives you significant color results and is one of the best forms of Whitening. In this, mainly the teeth that are seen, when you smile or talk, are bleached.
Procedure for In-Office Whitening:
- Firstly, the current shade of the tooth is taken by the dentist by a Vita pan Classic shade guide just to compare it with the post Whitening results.
- Also, Whitening will only result in a few shades lighter than the existing tooth shade.
- A gingival barrier is applied to gums to protect the soft tissues and papillae along with a cheek retractor in place.
- The teeth to be whitened are dried and isolated completely.
- High concentration light-activated Whitening gel which contains 25-38% hydrogen peroxide is carefully applied on tooth surface thereby avoiding any sort of chemical burn to the adjacent soft tissues.
- The light energy used to activate the Whitening layer can be laser, halogen, LED or plasma arc. Halogen light is the most commonly used.
- The whitening gel is exposed to the light source for 6 min to 15 mins which will initiate the hydrogen peroxide reaction after which it is rinsed off.
- Reapplication of this gel is dependent on the condition of the patient’s teeth. The total procedure would last for a 30 mins to 1 hour in a dental office.
- In-office Whitening can be followed by home Whitening depending on the patient’s requirements. The patient is asked to avoid any stained foods or dark-colored beverages for at least a week post Whitening.
- It is ideal to wait for 2 weeks before the final colour of the teeth post Whitening can be assessed.
Incredible Results In Office of Teeth Whitening in Chembur – Cosmecare Dentistry
Home Whitening Procedure
This involves a take over home Whitening kit which contains a lower concentration carbamide peroxide gel. Along with custom made Whitening trays which are specifically made for the patient by taking an impression of the teeth in the first appointment.
The gel is applied on the tray and the patient wears it like a mouth guard for about 1 hour at least (sometimes overnight too) depending on the concentration of the gel.
The procedure is repeated every alternate days and treatment time varies from patient to patient but is roughly around 6 – 15 days.
Internal Bleach – Tooth Whitening
Also referred to as ‘Walking Bleach’ technique, it is only indicated for root canal treated teeth that have undergone endodontic therapy and are discolored as a result of it.
It is recommended for front teeth a hole is drilled in the pulp chamber and peroxide gel is placed in the tooth and sealed up.
The tooth is kept under observation for a few days after which the gel may be rinsed or the procedure may be repeated. This procedure helps in removing blood stains and debris from dentin which get lodged there during the process of root canal treatment.
A large number of other whitening products such as whitening kits involving Whitening strips or gels with one-size-that-fits-all mouth trays, chewing gums or whitening toothpaste are available in the market which uses a very low concentration of Whitening gel.
Some known disadvantages of Teeth Whitening
Tissue irritation and sensitive teeth are the most common side effect of Whitening due to chemical burn to soft tissues from bleach or ill-fitting mouthpiece. It is, however, temporary and subsides within 1-3 days.
Over bleached teeth (Over Whitening of Teeth)
Whitening does not change the colour of ceramic restorations. However, it is known to remove the stains over composite fillings caused due to food and habits of the patient. To, avoid the Technicolor effect, These restorations need to be changed post Whitening.
Teeth Cleaning and Polishing and then Teeth Whitening is done for our patient
Cost of Teeth Whitening in Chembur
Ideally the cost of each and every treatment that you undergo at Cosmecare Dentistry depends on a lot of factors, such as:
- The present conditions of your teeth before going for Teeth Whitening in Chembur. How much stains and deposites are there.
- Apart from this, how well your tooth is formed, are there any cracks, ditches and more over any previous damage is there or not.
- Before finalising and going for Teeth Whitening in Chembur, we would make sure all these things are fixed or not.
- Then comes, the cost of the intruments and the Teeth Whitening Gel we are using.
- All of these factors decide the final cost of the treatment.