Budget to restore your teeth – Tooth filling cost in India
Our teeth comprise three layers, namely enamel, dentin, and pulp. The pulp is the innermost layer that contains nerves and blood vessels. The most common cause of tooth damage is caries or cavities. When the decay reaches the first and second layers, the tooth can be restored with tooth fillings. Tooth filling cost in India depends on the type of material used for restoration and the extent of damage. In the information provided below, we will briefly discuss the types, indications, and aftercare of tooth fillings – brought to you by Cosmecare Dentistry Dental Clinic.
What are tooth fillings – tooth filling cost in India
Tooth fillings are the materials used to restore the natural shape and form of the teeth. They are an entirely safe and painless way to restore natural structural durability. Getting your tooth fillings done timely is always suggested, as it can save you from further complications and the need for extensive treatments.
The primary aim of the tooth filling is to stop the disease progression. Various types of tooth fillings are available with us at Cosmecare Dentistry Dental Clinic. The tooth filling cost in India usually starts at Rs 1500.
Silver amalgam fillings
- Amalgam fillings last 10-15 yrs
- Less expensive
- Greater strength
- Naturally mimics the tooth
- Highly aesthetic
- A good option for front teeth
- Superior bonding
- Minimal tooth preparation is needed
Glass ionomer fillings
- GIC materials release fluoride that prevents further tooth decay
- A good option for children
Indications – tooth filling cost in India
There are many indications of tooth fillings, and some of the common ones are listed below. To know your eligibility, you need to get your comprehensive dental examination done with our experts at Cosmecare Dentistry Dental Clinic.
- Tooth decay
- Cavity visible
- A cracked tooth
- Chipped-off tooth
- Visible gap between teeth
- Teeth that require minor reshaping
- Worn out teeth
Aftercare of Tooth Fillings
- Maintaining tooth filling largely depends on how well you take care of dental hygiene.
- Regular brushing and flossing are essential to maintain optimum hygiene
- Along with brushing and flossing, use mouthwash if suggested by our team at Cosmecare Dentistry Dental Clinic
- A regular visit to the dental clinic is crucial as the dentist does the follow-up of the tooth filling for any leakage or secondary caries.
- Tooth sensitivity can sometimes happen in deep fillings and is effectively managed by desensitizing toothpaste.
- The wear and tear of the tooth fillings are more when involved in parafunctional habits like teeth clenching. It is advised to address the parafunctional habits to enhance the life of your tooth fillings.
Does diet have an impact on Tooth Fillings?
- Yes, your diet directly impacts the tooth fillings. The more sugary intake you have, the higher the chances of bacterial colonization leading to secondary tooth decay. This secondary decay can occur under the existing filling if you do not maintain good oral hygiene.
- If the diet has an excessive intake of tea, coffee, and other tooth-staining components, then it can stain your tooth-filling
- Eating tough food items like nuts, raw fruits, and vegetables can damage your tooth-filling