Say Hi to healthier smiles with Professional Dental Cleanings Chembur
Good dental health is not just about beautiful smiles but also about healthier teeth and gums. We all know the benefits of maintaining regular oral hygiene but do you know certain deposits can’t be cleaned with just brushing and flossing. Professional Dental Cleanings Chembur is a solution to such problems where hard deposits on the teeth are not cleaned at home. In the information provided below, we will briefly discuss scaling and polishing- brought to you by Cosmecare dentistry, Mumbai. – Also Check Teeth Whitening in Chembur.
What is scaling: Professional Dental Cleanings Chembur
Dental scaling is a professional cleaning method in which the dentist uses an instrument called a dental scaler to remove the hard deposits from the tooth surface. It is a painless procedure that requires a sitting of 30 to 60 mins, and the number of sittings varies from case to case.
Our experts at Cosmecare Dentistry, Mumbai will do a complete dental evaluation to evaluate the case and formulate a customized treatment plan for you.
Why do I need Professional Dental Cleanings Chembur?
- Scaling will eliminate the superficial stains from the teeth.
- Regular scaling will maintain good health of the gums and the other supporting structures of the teeth.
- Tooth cleaning will reduce the number of plaque deposits lowering the risk of tooth decay.
- During the procedure, the dentist can detect an early sign of the start of the disease that can be dealt with effectively.
- Various studies have shown the link between gum disease and primary medical conditions like cardiovascular diseases. Scaling and polishing reduce the number of pathogenic bacteria leading to a reduced risk of such ailments.
The procedure of Professional Dental Cleanings Chembur
The first and foremost step is to evaluate your case clinically. Based on your diagnosis, a customized treatment plan will be formulated in which the number of sittings and duration of each sitting are decided.
Scaling and flossing
The next step is the actual scaling or cleaning process in which the dentist uses a scaler device to remove the deposits from the tooth surface. You will feel certain vibration on your teeth that is normal. After the scaling flossing is done to remove residues from the interdental surfaces.
The next important step after scaling is polishing to make the surface smooth to reduce the chances of forming deposits again. A paste-like substance is applied to the surface of the teeth to make them smooth.
Aftercare of Professional Dental Cleanings Chembur
- Avoid eating sugary and acidic food items
- Refrain from the use of tobacco and smoking
- Rinse your mouth 3-4 times with lukewarm water
- If deep cleaning is done with anesthesia, wait for the numbness to subside before eating anything.